- All applicants must include a cover letter addressed to the “Selection Committee of LAGLOBE”.
- This cover letter can not surpasse the limit of 600 words.
- The cover letter must reflect the suitability of the applicant to become a LAGLOBE student.
With the exception of the research project, documents can be presented in English, Spanish and/or French.
All documents that have not been originally issued in one of those three languages must be translated.
- All applicants must include one recommendation letter that supports the suitability of the applicant to become a LAGLOBE student.
- It must include the signature and seal of the institution of the signatory.
- The recommendation letter must be addressed to the “Selection Committe of LAGLOBE”.
Applicants must be fluent in three languages: Spanish, French and English.
Applicants that are native speakers of these languages don’t need to present that language diploma.
The required levels for each language are:
English: C1 level
Spanish: C1 level
French: B2 level as a minimum
The accepted language diplomas are:
TOEFL iBT (TOEFL ITP is not accepted): 95-120, with a minimum score of 20 on the writing test.
IELTS: 6.5-7.5 (no section can have a score under 5.5 points)
Michigan English Language Assessment Battery: minimum score of 90
Pearson Test of English: a score of 62 points (61 point on the writing test)
University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL): Advance (Certificate in Advanced English)
DELF (Diplôme d’Études en Langue Française)
TCF (Test de Connaissance du Français)
DELE (Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera)
Applicants must include a Curriculum Vitae in the Europass format.
In order to create this document, applicants must go the following site: https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
- An undergraduate degree in social sciences, humanities or legal sciences.
- This degree must be officially recognized in the home country of the university that deliver it
- The grade point average must at least be equivalent to a B+ score.
- Applicants that already hold a post-graduate diploma (Master and/or PhD) can also apply, but priority will be given to applicants pursuing a Master for the first time.
- Applicants currently finishing their last year of their undergraduate program can also apply. For further detail, please visit our FAQ.
- If you are a European Union citizen
- A copy of your National identity document
- If you are not a European Union citizen
- A copy of your Passport, during its period of validity.
In the case of having a double nationality, please indicate this on the application form and add a valid document of proof. This will not affect your application in any capacity.
Eligible countries are divided into two groups, Programme countries and Partners countries.
Both Programme countries and Partners countries nationals can apply
To know the official country list, please visit the following site
Applicants must include a research project that can’t surpass the limit of 1800 words. It must be written in English or Spanish only.
This project must tackle with the research project that you wish to develop has a future LAGLOBE student.
The elements to include in the research project are the following:
- A title
- An abstract in English (250 words max.)
- Clearly enunciate the subject and a research question.
- Enunciate and justify your temporal and geographical framework. In what way this choice helps in answering your research question?
- Insert your project within the framework of one or more social sciences discipline (Anthropology, Political Science, Economy, Geography, History, Sociology).
- Insert your project inside the academic debate of your subject and discipline. In what way your project will be a contribution to these debates?
- Define a suitable methodology for the development of your project. For example: Qualitative (ex. Case study(ies)), Comparative (ex. Comparative case studies) or Quantitative (ex. Econometrics).
- Justify why and in which way, a fieldwork or internship will be essential for the completion of your research project.
- Applicants must include an official transcript of records of their undergraduate diploma.